The song I chose to write about is
“We Are The World” by the original performer Michael Jackson. Also it was
redone by hundreds of artist together to help the people of Haiti in their time
of crisis. Both times the song was done they were both so inspiring to the
people around the world and inspired me to write this blog post. Listening to
this song brings me goose bumps because all of the artists of the time period,
some that don’t like each other too much, come together to form something and
how if they can come together and sing in united so can the rest of the world. Just
listening to the song makes you feel powerful and makes you want to make and
change but make a change with numbers. This song is trying to tell us that we
are all the same and whatever problems we have we can fix together.
Michael
Jackson wants us to be inspired by this song and make a change and impact in
the world because we can and some cannot. He sends a message to all the people
of the world saying if you can help fix our world do it and also tells us that
we are all the same and this is our world. One example of a way he tells
us we are all equal and the same is by saying, “We are all apart of God’s great
big family” and “We are the world,
we are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day so let's start
giving. There's a choice we're making we're saving our own lives” The way that
they use the word “our” and “we” indicates that they are inferring to the world
as a family and united. I think they did this because they wanted people to
unite and people to realize that we are all the same while listening to the
song. They didn’t only want us to unite because it would be nice but because
there are problems in this world that are to hard and big to tackle alone and
they need people to unite and fight together as one. They also use the song as
a way to help the listener know how to help by saying, “Send them your heart so
they'll know that someone cares and their lives will be stronger and free. As
God has shown us by turning stone to bread so we must all lend a helping hand. When
you're down and out, there seems no hope at all but if you just believe there's
no way we can fall.” This tells us to just do everything that we possibly can
cause if you don’t you and the rest of the world will be hurt by each other’s
actions.
The lyrics made me feel powerful yet
also vulnerable. What I mean when I say this is that the lyrics made me feel
powerful by telling me that we do have the power to solve the changes and to
help the world become a better place. But it makes me feel vulnerable because
they say I cant solve the problems by myself because these problems are big and
difficult to solve, meaning we would have to all unite to solve these problems,
which is hard to do. So after feeling these two things it made me have to think
what am I going to do with the message that the song is telling me. Should I
heed its warning of difficultness and hardness it will take to solve this
problem or do I face the problems and try to unite people to help the rest of
the world. Well I decided to get more people to know of this message. Then I
had to think how to I spread this to others, how do I unite people? And that’s
why I am writing to you know and yes I’m talking to you I am spreading this
message to as many people as I can who read this. Watch the videos and be
inspired. What would your choice be to back off or to spread the message and
unite others?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI<
Michael Jackson (Original)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI
< (Remix Version For Haiti)
No comments:
Post a Comment